We collect and process the following data from you:User-Provided Information
This is information that you give to us by filling in forms on our website or via downloading or registering the App. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the App and/or Website unless you register with us.
When you register with us, use the App and/or Website, subscribe to any service, report a problem, correspond with us by email, the information you provide us may include (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; and; (d) information you enter into our systems, such as health and medical history and current information (e) your fitness goals (f) your current fitness tracker.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, with regards to each of your visits to our Website or the App we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to technical information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device and/or computer, your operating systems and platform, your browser type, time zone settings, browser plug-in types, and information about the way you use the Application.
HOW IS MY DATA USED?
We use information held about you in the following ways (non-exhaustive list):
- To carry out our obligations and provide you with information, products and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- To customise and enhance your online experience
- To provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you
- To inform you of changes to our service, news, special offers, promotions, surveys, events
- To ensure that the content from the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To support the services offered on the Website or App
- To conduct research about our customer base and contact you about feedback
- To process your payments using credit card details
- To reduce credit risk, detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity
- To comply with law, regulatory officials or court orders and/or to enforce our legal rights and remedies
- To keep the App safe and secure
- To administer the App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, updates and changes in policy
- For any other purposes notified to you on or before the collection or use of such data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with
- Any member of our group (for example any subsidiaries or our ultimate parent holding company), employees
- Selected third parties including business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors acting for or on our behalf for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (including AFROFIT CLUB Trainers), prospective buyers or investors, advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website or App, credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score, credit card and payment processing companies, lawyers, auditors, professional advisors and investors of AFROFIT CLUB.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you are protected by and enjoy additional rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, also known as GDPR.
You consent to us posting and using any photographs, content and/or personal information you might upload on the App or have otherwise provided consent to publish on the App, blog, in our marketing material or social media channels, which we may use in order to provide information on our services and/or products, the marketing of our services and/or products or for the purpose of our functions and/or activities.
- To carry out our obligations and to provide you with agreed services and/or products
- To establish, maintain and administer your account
- To send you service and/or product or promotional communications and marketing material that is relevant to you to promote and market our services and/or products and the App and those of third parties (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube)
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or products
- Quality assurance and training
- Improving our products and services, including site customisation
- To verify your identity or location, and make security checks, in relation to a purchase
- To access third-party development platforms or add-on keys
- Market research and analysis
- To promote and market our services and/or products (including via any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, and Mixer)
- Internal record-keeping to facilitate any other Purpose
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To the extent required by law, you may review, edit, correct or delete any personal information you submit to us. On request we will, as soon as reasonably possible, provide you with:
- Personal data about you that is in our possession or under our control
- Information about the ways in which the personal data referred to in the paragraph above (Disclosure of your personal information) has been or may have been used or disclosed by us during the year preceding the date of the request.
If you are subject to protection under EU law (including all residents in the EU), you may be entitled to further rights.
We reserve the right not to provide you with your personal data or other related information if providing it could reasonably be expected to:
- Threaten the safety or physical or mental health of another individual
- Cause immediate or grave harm to your safety, physical or mental health
- Reveal personal data about another individual
- Reveal the identity of an individual who has provided personal data about another individual and the individual providing the personal data does not consent to the disclosure of his identity
- Be contrary to the national interest.
If you wish to access the personal information we hold about you, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as described above and we will respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made. If we deny you access, we will provide our reason for doing so at the time of your request.
While we do not charge a fee for a request for accessing your personal information, we may charge a reasonable fee (which will be notified to you once you make a request) for time and cost in the following circumstances:
- If an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare material for you
- If you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will use all reasonable endeavours to cease to retain its documents containing personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal data, or retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. AFROFIT CLUB does not warrant or guarantee in any way that your personal data will always remain private or safe. AFROFIT disclaims any responsibility or liability arising out of or in connection with the loss or unauthorized use, access or disclosure of any personal data held by us.
If you wish to deny the use of and saving of cookies from the Website onto your computer, you should take the necessary steps in your browser settings. You always have the choice of accepting, rejecting or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended.
WHAT ARE MY OPT-OUT RIGHTS?
You can stop all collection of information by the App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out or delete your account via email, at email@example.com
DATA RETENTION POLICY, MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain User-Provided Information for as long as you use the App and/or Website and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like us to delete the User-Provided Information that you have provided via the App and/or Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User-Provided Information may be required in order for the Website and/or App to function properly. If you wish to correct or update your personal data, you may do so at any time by accessing your account settings through the Website and/or App.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not use this Website or App or attempt to send us any personal data about yourself. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via
Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org